- 1. How do I register my nickname?
- 2. I've registered my nickname, but how do I login to it each time I connect to IRC?
- 3. I've lost my nickname's password!
- 4. I was disconnected from the network but my nickname is still in use. What can I do?
- 5. How do I register a channel?
- 6. How do I set a topic to my channel?
- 7. How do I assign a bot to my channel?
- 8. How do I make other people get status automatically when they join my channel?
- 9. How do I get a vHost for my nickname?
- 10. I have been banned from the network. How can I contact a network administrator?
To register your nickname type
/msg NickServ REGISTER Password E-mail. Replace Password for the password that you want to use for your nickname and E-mail for a valid e-mail address.
After using this command you will receive an e-mail with a passcode which is needed to complete the registration process. To confirm your account type
/msg NickServ CONFIRM Passcode. Replace Passcode for the passcode you received.
Important: The nickname will expire automatically if you don't confirm it in 24 hours.
To identify to your nickname type
/msg NickServ IDENTIFY Password.
If you forgot your password type
/msg NickServ RESETPASS Nickname E-mail. Replace E-mail for the e-mail address is linked to your Nickname.
After using this command you will receive an e-mail with a passcode which is needed to reset your password. To confirm the process type
/msg NickServ CONFIRM Nickname Passcode. Replace Passcode for the passcode you received.
Finally, change your password by typing
/msg NickServ SET PASSWORD Password. Replace Password for the new password you want to use for your nickname.
You can recover your nickname by typing
/msg NickServ GHOST Nickname Password.
To register a channel, you must first join it and get operator (+o or @) status. Then, type
/msg ChanServ REGISTER_NEW #Channel Description. Enter the #Channel name and a short Description which will be displayed on the channel information.
Important: Since Anope 2, channels haven't password anymore so the channel identification is now linked to the nickname account. To give founder privileges to a nickname use the FOUNDER level, which is 10000 by default. Check
/msg ChanServ HELP LEVELSfor more information.
To set the topic of your channel type
/TOPIC #Channel Topic.
In addition, you can prevent the channel topic from unwanted changes with the LOCK option. Type
/msg ChanServ TOPIC #Channel LOCKto enable the protection and
/msg ChanServ TOPIC #Channel UNLOCKto disable it.
Note: The channel founder can change the topic even when the protection is enabled via
/msg ChanServ TOPIC #Channel SET Topic.
To assign a services bot to your channel type
/msg BotServ ASSIGN #Channel BotName. To see a list of the available bots type
/msg BotServ BOTLIST.
To give other users status automatically on join your channel, you may choose between the two most popular ways:
a) Adding a registered nickname to the channel access list by typing
/msg ChanServ ACCESS #Channel ADD Nickname Level.
b) Adding a hostmask (nick!ident@hostname) to the channel access list by typing
/msg ChanServ ACCESS #Channel ADD Hostmask Level. If you add a hostmask, users joining the channel and matching the added rule will get the assigned level automatically.
Each level comes with different privileges. Here's a list with the most useful levels in a default channel setup:
- 3: The user will automatically receive voice (+v or +) status on join.
- 4: The user will automatically receive half-op (+h or %) status on join.
- 5: The user will automatically receive op (+o or @) status on join.
- 10: The user will automatically receive op and protect (+oa or &) status on join.
- 10000: The user will automatically receive owner (+q or ~) status with founder privileges on join.
You can check what level is required for each command or privilege by typing
/msg ChanServ LEVELS #Channel LIST. The levels are also editable, type
/msg ChanServ HELP LEVELSto know more about it.
To view the channel access list type
/msg ChanServ ACCESS #Channel LIST.
Note: Adding hostmask rules is recommended for advanced users only.
There are three ways by which you can get a virtual host for your nickname. Visit the vHosts page to see all information detailed.
Please read this page to know how contact us.