So, would you like to be linked to MindForge? We've opened a system to allow people that want to contribute with our network by linking a new server. But before sending your application you must meet all the following requeriments.
- 700GB monthly traffic and bandwidth of 10Mbit/second.
- Dedicated server or VPS running an UNIX operating system.
- Stable hosting.
- Availability of ports 6667, 6669, and 6697 for SSL connections.
- Permissions to run IRCd on your server.
Things we expect from you
- Good or understandable english to communicate.
- IRC experience. Running servers, being IRC operator...
- Linux knowledge. At least basic shell commands for installing and managing the server.
- You should be known on the network, unless you come as part of an open source project and its team. We won’t accept applications from people we don’t know right away, so give us some time to get to know you and see if you fit into our team before we decide.
- We are a highly motivated and active team, so sitting idle on your status is not what we want.
- Operators don't decide important things on their own. If you have a proposal or an idea let us know and we will decide as a team.
- You must follow the network rules and IRC operator rules. We don't tolerate any kind of abuse.
- Link applications are examined and answered in a reasonable period of time. They are voted, approved and denied by the MindForge team.
- If the application is approved, the server is linked and a trial period of 30 days starts.
- During the test, the applicant is limited to IRC operator status (can't use OperServ).
- When the test period ends, the team votes and decides again.
If you are still interested in linking send the application.